Agricultural Licensing


Application for Food Salvager License:

The term "food salvager" means a person engaged in the business of reconditioning, labeling, relabeling, packing, repacking, sorting, cleaning, culling, or by other means salvaging food or food products, single service food containers and utensils, soda straws, paper napkins or any product of a similar nature that may have become damaged, contaminated, adulterated or misbranded as a result of fire, flood, transit wreck, accident or other cause, or by water, smoke, chemicals, or any other adulterating agents. The term food salvager shall not include a person who collects donated farm salvage from lands owned, occupied or leased by such person with the intent to donate such farm salvage to a charitable not-for-profit organization provided that such salvage is in fact so donated. A person who manufactures animal feed or an animal feed ingredient from food products in a facility registered pursuant to section one hundred twenty-nine of this chapter shall not be considered a food salvager based on such activity.


Game Animal Custom Processing Variance Request for Retail Food Stores:

New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets Retail Food Stores regulated under Article 17 of the Agriculture and Markets Law Part 271 require a variance, pursuant to Section 271-2.23, to custom process game animals that are for personal use as food and not for sale or service in a food establishment.


We can help with the preparation and filing of these two very specific licenses.


For more information fill out our web form below TODAY!